How have I practiced Abundant Living After Catastrophe?
How can you practice it?
The answer varies with each catastrophe, each person, and the individual’s character, preferences, age, stage of life and abilities.
Examples from my own life:
– After divorce, I was active in:
- sports (soccer, running)
- volunteering (local schools, church)
– After Katie’s passing I was active in:
- founding Katie’s Comforters Guild
- raising awareness about pediatric cancer & grief issues
- raising funds for charity
- regular walking (3 – 6 miles a day)
– art, crafts such as
- knitting, crocheting, needlework
- sculpture, carving
– exercise, especially walking
– seeking a way to give to others who are in need
We will explore many avenues for practicing Abundant Living After Catastrophe in this section.